Doug has a broad background in sport; from equestrian, traditional team sports, and snowboarding in youth, to four years of collegiate rowing while attending Bates College in Maine, and the University of Otago, New Zealand. Post-college, Doug coached rowing at Middlebury College, the University of California, Santa Barbara, and Bowdoin College.
Soon after graduation, Doug found the sport of triathlon to fill all competitive voids. He has raced extensively, qualifying for numerous World Championship events, including the Ironman World Championships in Kona. Aside from coaching endurance athletics for the past decade, Doug has also been immersed in the equipment end of the industry. Specializing in how equipment interacts with athletes, he has performed hundreds of bike fits and run gait analyses. His articles have been published in Inside Triathlon and Outside Online.
Doug loves all things out of doors especially when shared with his family; wife Hannah and two children. He is available to coach triathlon, Xterra, mountain and road cycling, rowing, running, adventure racing, paddling, equestrian events and snowboarding.
- B.S. Bates College, Maine
- Carmichael Training Systems Residential College
- Carmichael Training Systems Senior Coach
- USA Rowing Level 2 Coach
- USA Cycling Expert Coach
- USA Triathlon Level 2 Coach
- FIST Certified Bike Fitter
- University New Zealand Rowing Champions, Otago
- 8x Ironman Finisher; Sub 10 hour PR
- 3x top 5 Age Group Finisher Ironman USA
- 2x Ironman World Championships Qualifier and Participant, Kona
- Ironman 70.3 World Championships Qualifier and Participant, Clearwater
- 2007 USAT All American
- ITU Long Distance World Championships Qualifier
- Winter Triathlon World Championships Qualifier
For more information about coaching, please email firstname.lastname@example.org