An athlete’s lactate threshold largely dictates their performance potential in any endurance sport. Lactate threshold is also one of the most trainable physiological markers, making enhancements in pace or power at lactate threshold a direct measure of training effect.
The Sustainable Athlete uses lactate testing to do the following:
- Establish athlete baselines
- Prescribe heart rate, power, and pacing targets for training
- Evaluate metabolic efficiency at sub-threshold effort
- Measure training progress over time
- Evaluate rest as an athlete tapers for a goal event
Lactate testing requires blood samples to be taken at periodic intervals during a ramp protocol. Testing is sport specific and may be performed on a bike with a computrainer, running treadmill, or rowing ergometer.
For more information and pricing, please email email@example.com